You have a page on Facebook. It could be a business page or just for fun. But if you are serious, you may want to add an additional admin to help you run the page, because by now you may have started to feel the pressure of keeping regularly updating a page alone. Whatever it might seem to you, you can add an additional admin to run the page right on your mobile phone using the official Facebook app or a browser. You just have to follow a few steps.
Requirement(s) of adding admin to a Facebook page
In order to add someone as an admin or content creator of your page, s/he must be your ‘friend’ on Facebook. Now proceed to the next step.
Steps to assigning an admin to a Facebook page
- Using a mobile browser or the app, go the list of your page. From browser, you can do so by just clicking on the link (https://m.facebook.com/pages/).
- Now a list of the page(s) you manage will appear. Select the one in which you want to add an admin.
- Click on the ‘More’ button usually placed just right side of the page. The screenshot will help you find out the button.
- A bunch of settings will appear. Click on ‘Edit Settings’.
- You can also find the ‘Edit Settings’ page just adding ‘/settings’ right after the URL of your page. For example, suppose your page’s URL is: https://m.facebook.com/YourPage. Turn it into https://m.facebook.com/YourPage/settings by just conjoining ‘/settings’.
- Now you’ll see another set of options among which select ‘Page Roles’.
- At the top of the new page, you’ll see ‘Add person to page’ button. Click on it. Now you’ll be asked to select the ‘friend’ you want to make an admin by searching with their name. Put your friend’s name on the search-box and click on ‘search’. You’d obviously see his or her name, if you spelled the name correctly. If okay, click on ‘Set as Admin’ just below his or her name.
- Now you’ll be asked to re-enter your Facebook password and click on ‘Continue’. Don’t worry. Facebook just wants to be sure if it’s exactly you who want to assign a new admin.
- Now you’ll be asked to select his role. Select ‘Admin’, if you want to give him/her all the authority. Beware of the ‘Admin’ option, because an Admin can remove another admin including you from the page. Select ‘Editor’, if you want him or her to just write posts. ‘Moderator’ can only delete comments, ban users, etc. S/he cannot post any posts on the page. The ‘Advertiser’ doesn’t even have ‘Moderator’s power. S/he can only have the authority to advertise the page. An ‘Analyst’ is the least powerful among them. S/he just can monitor the activities of page and have access to analyze users’s response.
- After selecting a page role, click ‘Add’. And it’s done.