The Friends section or the friends list on Facebook is usually available for public view. In order to hide Facebook friends list on mobile, you must change the privacy of the Friends section from Public to Friends or Only me. We have come up with two different ways for you do just that.
We have previously written on the topic and several parts of our previous piece on hiding your friends list remain valid. However, we felt it is important for our readers to get updated information.
Of course, as goes without saying, one way to change the privacy of your Facebook friends list is to enable the desktop view on your mobile browsers and change the settings as you do on desktops. However, you can do it now on your mobile devices, too.
Hide Facebook Friends List on Mobile Browser – (Method 1)
- On your mobile browser, log-in to your Facebook account.
- Go to your profile or timeline
- Now tap on the Friends section. Your friends list will show up.
- Right to Friends is a privacy icon. Tap on it, and change it from Public to Friends or More > See All > Only me
Hide or Change Privacy of Facebook Friends List on Mobile Browser, Facebook app, and Facebook Lite app (Method 2)
- On your mobile browser or Facebook app or the Lite app, log-in to your Facebook account.
- Tap on the vertical three-line icon or collapsed menu icon ≡ at the top right corner of the display, if you are using Android; or at the bottom right of the display, if you are using the app for iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down to find Settings option (or, Settings & Privacy >> Settings on the Facebook app) and tap on it.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on Privacy Settings
- Scroll down a bit and tap on ‘Who can see your friends list?‘
- Change the privacy from Public to Friends or Only me
We will be trying to update the post as Facebook changes its design.