Pre-Requirements for transferring Nokia contacts to Android
- Your old Nokia device and new Android device.
- A PC with Bluetooth support. If your PC doesn’t support establishing connection via Bluetooth, then you might need Data Cable of Nokia device.
- Internet connection – in both PC and Android Mobile.
- Nokia PC Suite. If you don’t have Nokia PC suite in your PC, then install a older version from here. This old version of PC suite works well.
Instruction to transfer Nokia contacts to Android
Back Up your old contacts to Outlook via Nokia PC Suite
- Establish connection between your PC and Nokia mobile via PC Suite / Ovi Suite. You may try Bluetooth or USB cable to do this job.
- After connecting your Nokia device with PC, open PC Suite application. Click on Synchronise tab.
- Now keep pressing Next button and at a stage it will start taking back up of contacts.
- Now open Microsoft Outlook and sign in your Gmail account.
- Now click on Contacts tab of Outlook and go to File >> Import and Export and new window will appear.
- Then follow the steps. Select Export to a file >> Comma Separated Values (Windows) >> and Next >> Next >> Next. Follow the below picture. 3 steps have been described at a glance.
- At last give a name to the file and find a location of the file to save the exported file into it. And click Finish.
Import Outlook Contacts to Gmail
- Open your browser and log in to the same Gmail account.
- In the Gmail window, click the drop-down that appears when you hover over “Mail” (under the Gmail logo in the left corner), and select Contacts.
- Once you’re in the Contacts window, “hover” the mouse over the contacts pane (left side) to reveal the entire tree and the Import Contacts button. See picture.
- After you click Import Contacts, a new window will appear. Select the Choose File button, locate the file exported from Outlook, and then click the Import button.
Sync your phone
- Open up Contacts
- Click the menu button
- Tap Accounts
- Tap your ‘Same Gmail / Google’ account. Click the Contacts button.
- Click the Contacts button.
- Tap Sync Now.
That should do it. Your Outlook contacts should now be on your Android phone.